Re: miraculous zero photoneutron production?

From: Alberto Fasso' (fasso@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 00:42:04 CET

    The reason is probably in your test
          ETRACK.EQ.PBEAM
    both ETRACK and PBEAM are real (actually double precision) quantities, and
    it is well known that comparisons of such quantities should be done only
    by .LE. .LT. .GE. or .GT. Equality can be spoiled by rounding errors.
    Suppose for instance that PBEAM has been input as 21.5, but ETRACK
    for some reason is 24.99999999999999D0. For computing purposes it is the same
    thing, but the test of equality would fail. I suggest that you change your test
    into:
             IF (ICODE.EQ.101 .AND. ETRACK.GE.PBEAM*ONEMNS) THEN
    (ONEMNS is predefined in FLUKA as 0.999999999999999D+00)

    Alberto

    --
    Alberto Fassò
    SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025