RE: Struggling to find error

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2006 - 09:25:23 CET

    Please keep all discussions on the fluka-discuss list, not private.

    Martin, did you check what is in the log file? Very likely you got
    a message there detailing what went wrong (if Stefan is correct, you
    should have a message like "subscript out of range.... ").

    I never got the input file so I cannot help more.

                           Alfredo

    On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Stefan Roesler wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I pass this on to Alfredo/Vasilis. RPNORM is called with LASTEL=114705,
    > which obviously exceeds MXEXEL....
    >
    > Thus, it could also be a problem in the code.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Stefan
    >

    > On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Holbourn, MP (Martin) wrote:
    >
    >> Stefan, Francesco, Sebastien
    >> Thanks very much for replying
    >> attached input file.
    >> I am really confused aas the geometry seeems to build ok in simplegeo. I am suinf free format with parentheses and I suspect it is my use of parentheses that is causing the problems. I have a 4 sections of beampipe made up of intersecting cyliders cut by planes at the bends in the pipe. Region CU2 shows this. I also have a mirror and a collimator in the same vacuum region, V33. I specified V33 as : Total Volume - (Baeampipe) - (Mirror) - (Collimator). I am guessing it is the expansion of these parentheses that is causing the problem because if I reduce the pipe to just the first 2 sections Fluka runs OK. Issues start appearing when I add the third section. Fluka runs ok but seems to take a lot longer.( Itested this by only running 20 particles and the more complicated the parentheses the longer it takes). Loading the geometry file in FLUKAGUI seems to take several minutes also.
    >> I have also attached the build from simplegeo (rrof removed) so you have an idea of what my geometry looks like>
    >> Any commments?
    >>
    >> Thanks very much for your interest.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Martin
    >>
    >> PS
    >> Chris hope you don't mind but I have included you on this e-mail as you have very kindly helped me in the past and it does appear at this stage to be a geometry issue.
    >> Sorry for troubling you
    >> Regards
    >> MArtin

    >>> Warrington
    >>> Cheshire
    >>> WA4 4AD
    >>>
    >>> Tel: 01925 603266
    >>> Fax: 01925 603381
    >>> mailto:m.p.holbourn@dl.ac.uk

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |