Re: Missing energy

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2007 - 17:24:02 CET

    Dear Etam
    I have the doubt that you have misinterpreted the meaning
    of "missing energy" in that context.
    This is not the amount of non-coservation of energy lost outside your
    geometry.
    Energy conservation in FLUKA is assured up to the machine accuracy
    and the energy lost outside your geometry (namely in the black-hole)
    is the one called "escaping the system".

    "Missing energy" referes to energy which cannot be made available
    (really speaking) to detection, but it has been correctly considered in
    the process.
    In practice this is the energy lost in nuclear binding, and it can be
    "large" for heavy nuclei targets.

            Giuseppe Battistoni