BOX & axes

From: Chris Theis (Christian.Theis@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2007 - 15:07:05 CET

    Hello,

    I'm currently dealing with an old input file which uses BOX definitions
    and came across the following issue, which is not really clear to me.
    According to the manual the user has to define an origin of the box + 3
    vectors for height, width & length. Furthermore, it's a requirement that
    the user ensures perpendicularity of those vectors. However, nothing is
    stated with respect to the orientation of the basis generated by those
    vectors. I'm not sure whether it is a requirement that they form a
    right-handed coordinate system and what is the effect if a left-handed
    system is (accidentally) supplied? Probably somebody could shed some
    light on this issue.

    Thanks in advance
    Chris