delayed (n, gamma)

From: me@marychin.org
Date: Thu Mar 29 2007 - 12:19:33 CEST

    Hello,

    I understand that FLUKA doesn't simulate delayed (n,gamma). Some other Monte Carlo codes don't simulate this either, although one is beginning to implement it. May I know why... is there any specific difficulty... what is the issue...

    1. Cross sections availability? I thought the cross sections are known?
    2. Implementation into sampling algorithm(s)?
    3. The process being negligible? I imagine not.

    Just seeking some education. Thanks very much.

    :) mary