FLRNDM question

From: Burge, F \(Frances\) (frances.burge@diamond.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2007 - 12:12:04 CEST

    Dear all,

      I have been using the FLRNDM random number generator to sample from a
    spectrum in the source subroutine. To check that everything works as it
    should, I have been running for a small number of particles (typically
    10) and writing the sampled energy etc to a separate file. The energy is
    sampled according to the following statement:

    RANDNO(NPFLKA) = FLRNDM(DUM)
    TKEFLK(NPFLKA) = (EMIN + (EMAX - EMIN) * RANDNO(NPFLKA))

    I have noticed that every time I run the program, I get the same
    energies sampled for the ten particles, which is a result of the same
    random numbers being used each time. Is there something I need to
    include to make sure that I get different sequences on each run?

    thanks,

    Frances

    Frances Burge
    Health Physicist