Re: Problem with deuton converter

From: Sebastien WURTH (wurth@ipno.in2p3.fr)
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 16:56:29 CEST

    Hello Vincent, Stefan, all,

    I did have the same problem, deutons were transported but no interaction
    took place and that's why after several trials, like you, I used PHYSICS
    with SDUM=IONSPLIT, with what(2)=0.01 (and not 0.001 if this is of some
    importance here). It is the only way I found to get interactions. My
    first purpose was to estimate the activation of the cooling water from
    UC2 target and the associated ion source.

    Regards.
    Sebastien.

    Feracci Vincent a écrit :

    > Dear Sebastien and Stefan,
    >
    > First thank you very much for answering my previous mail, however
    > there are a still a few things which still seem a bit obscure to me:
    > are there pertinent models for nuclear interaction below 100
    > MeV/nucleon available somewhere for FLUKA (i.e which would properly
    > deal with the interaction of 40 MeV deutons with carbon for example)
    > and if there are not, how did you Sebastien manage to have coherent
    > results in your Fluka Spiral2 simulation?
    > I have run my simulation without DPMJET nor PHYSICS: IONSPLIT and no
    > nuclear interaction is taken into account.
    > Thank you in advance and regards,
    >
    > Vincent Feracci
    > Intern at the GANIL on SPIRAL2 project
    > feracci@ganil.fr
    >
    > Stefan Roesler wrote:
    >
    >> Dear Vincent,
    >>
    >> In addition to what Sebastien wrote (i.e., there is no model for nuclear
    >> interactions below 100MeV/nucleon in the distributed version) you are
    >> using
    >> PHYSICS 1.0 0.001
    >> IONSPLIT
    >>
    >> which splits the deutron into its nucleons before being transported.
    >> This
    >> way you always get at minimum one neutron, which is unphysical in this
    >> case.
    >>
    >> Greetings
    >> Stefan

    >>> PRECISIO
    >>> EVENTYPE
    >>> 2.0 DPMJET (i have linked the DPMJET
    >>> library)
    >>> PHYSICS
    >>> 1.0 COALESCE
    >>> PHYSICS