residual nucleus momentum

From: Reddell, Brandon D (brandon.d.reddell@lmco.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 15:25:14 CEST

    Hello,

    I am trying to get the direction cosines of the recoil nucleus and added
    the 'include (RESNUC)' library to the standard mdgraw.f file included in
    the distribution. I then added the following write statements in ENDRAW
    section of mgdraw.f,

    .
    .
    WRITE(IODRAW,*)PXRES,PYRES,PZRES,PTRES2
    .
    .
    The RESNUC file says that PTRES is momentum squared. But if you compute

    PXRES*PXRES + PYRES*PYRES + PZRES*PZRES

    this does not equal PTRES2. Can somebody tell me why this doesn't work
    or what I am doing wrong?

    Thanks,
    Brandon