[fluka-discuss]: Optical properties of material

From: Віктор Родін <viktor94_at_knu.ua>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 17:32:13 +0300

Hello dear FLUKA users and experts,
I have some difficulties in understanding of optical physics in FLUKA.
At first:
        In my simulation I have aluminum box with scintillator inside and
lightguide in the center of this box, which penetrates it.
        I have tested few variants of optical properties of aluminum and
received that if I changing WHAT(3) (reflectivity index) in OPT_PROP for
aluminim a number of optical photons, which have arrived to lightguide,
didn't change. But if I will change refractive index for aluminum the
quantity will be different. As I understood it ruled by Fresnel law.
        So, why do we need set reflectivity index if reflectivity depends
on refractive index?Does physics reference manual for FLUKA exist?
Secondly:
I used USERDUMP card and modificated MGDRAW in BXDRAW section for receivinf
of number of photons, which penetrates scintillator-lightguide boundary .
Lightguide is filled with Hydrogen. When I change absorption coeeficient of
Hydrogen i received different quantities of number of photons. It should
not be.
Thirdly:
I want to use OPHBDX routine but I don't undestand how modificate it,
which parameters to set inside.
         I will be grateful for help in solution of this problems. All
files which I used have attached.
Best regards,
Viktor