[fluka-discuss]: Run

From: kabytayeva <kabytayeva_at_jinr.ru>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:11:11 +0300

  Hello everybody!

  I would like to know is it possible to reduce the calculation time of
the number of primary histories to be simulated in the run?

I have electron beam with energy 10MeV and interested in the following
reaction: 181Ta(gamma,n)180Ta,reaction threshold is about 8.5MeV. So,
the electron's energy is low and I need in may be 10^9-10^10 number of
primary histories, but it takes a lot of CPU time. Of course, I know
that I can use EMF-CUT and it will be reduce the time of calculations,
but I notice that it cut the energy spectrum of gamma irradiation from
180Ta and I would like to see the full spectrum.

  Thank you very much!!!