[fluka-discuss]: RE: Error message in scintillation simulation

From: Eleftherios Skordis <eleftherios.skordis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 15:48:02 +0000

Hi Justin,

The error message arises from the fact that you have the WHAT(2) of the following card equal to 1.
OPT-PROD 6.11E-05 1. NanoMat NanoMat SCINT-WV

WHAT(1) = wavelength (cm) of first scintillation line.

WHAT(2) =fraction of deposited energy going into scint. light
This number, of course, cannot be greater or equal to one and has to be found in literature for your specific material.

For example in Liquid Argon it is roughly ~ 2.4 *10**4 photons/MeV with a wavelength of 1.280E-05 cm.
In that case the fraction of energy (and the WHAT(2) value) would be 23.247e-02.

On another note, you have defined an empty LOW-MAT card for OXYGEN.
It is generally a good idea to not define LOW-MAT cards (unless explicitly required) for predefined materials.

Kind regards

Lefteris

Eleftherios Skordis
Dep. EN/STI, CERN