muon transport

From: mausumi@veccal.ernet.in
Date: Wed Jun 20 2007 - 07:55:46 CEST

    Hi
    Thanks for your answer. For muon transmission through plutonium slab I started with default option new-defa. But it was not running although making an output file where it was written that low energy neutron cross section was not found. As I did not need any neutron transport, I tried to stop it. Then I gave EM-Cascade as default option as per your suggestion and and used pairbrem and muphoton option and usryield tally. But now for usryield output it is showing adopted cross section (if any) is ~1.0E-30 mb. The results of usryield are also of the order of ~1.0E-28 to 1E-33. What is adopted cross section? Also how can I get the error involved in the calculation? In the input file I have used usryield option as follows:
    Usryield 124. 10.0 48.0 3.0 2.0 1.0 detector
    Usryield 30.0 0.0 100.0 3.0 0.0 1.0 &
    Thanks.
    Mausumi