[fluka-discuss]: Roughness of material

From: Віктор Родін <viktor94_at_knu.ua>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 11:56:27 +0300

Hello dear FLUKA users,
I'm working with optical photons now and want to compare differencies
beetwen roughned and smooth surfaces. FLUKA sets ideal smooth surface of
material by default. I have found description of *frghns* subroutine in
Online FLUKA manual but I still wandering what to change in it:

Argument list (all variables are input only):
TXX, TYY, TZZ : particle direction cosines
UXSRFC, UYSRFC, UZSRFC: direction of the normal to the surface
MREG : region the particle is coming from
NEWREG : region the particle is going to
MMAT : material the particle is coming from
MMATNW : material the particle is going to
Function FRGHNS can be used to return a non-zero value for the roughness of
a boundary between two materials, relevant for optical photon transport
(default roughness is zero for all boundaries).

Perhaps, it must be U_SRFC because it defines new direction. What are the
values of roughness at the output?Could someone (more experienced) explain
me more clearly about this?I'll be grateful for help.
Best regards,
Viktor Rodin