RE: about muon coincidence in undreground lab

From: Tang, Alfred (atang@phys.ksu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 20:04:44 CEST

    Dear Yung Shun
    What I have done for a similar study is to propagate atmospheric muons from the surface of the mountain down to a hemisphere of 30m using MUSIC and then let FLUKA take over inside the hemispherical rock. Of course you need to sample the muons according to a realistic parameterization such as the Gaisser formula before you propagate them with MUSIC. You can also define the geometry of the detector inside the rock and score neutrons only in the target region of the detector. To score neutrons, I use USRTRACK to get the track length and I have some way to convert the average neutron track length into neutron rate. Someone else at LBL has tried using MGDRAW which takes a bit of work. Hope it helps. Please let me know if you have more specific questions.
    Regards,
    Alfred

    Alfred Tang
    Physics Department