Re: about muon coincidence in undreground lab

From: Yung-Shun Yeh (adair.py94g@nctu.edu.tw)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 22:51:15 CEST

    Dear Roesler,

    Thanks for your reply. Sorry for my ambiguous description.

    In my original simulation, I used a source subroutine to get primary muons.
    For a simple case, I supposed a muon beam with energy 100GeV just at +z
    direction (0,0,1000) shoot into the lab(the direction is -z), and the
    detector is at center of geometry. I wish if a muon go through all of the
    three fold layers(region RT, RM, and RB), the MuonTracker would record its
    muon id (NCASE). But I don't know how to do this, I initially recorded the
    informations occured in any three fold layer and liquid scinllator. It seems
    like every muon will be recorded in all three fold layers and liquid
    scintillator, but I only got the informations occured in liquid scinllator.
    There is no interaction between muon and three fold layers. I don't know if
    my configurations of geometry or others are wrong. Or better way can achieve
    this purpose. Thank you very much.

    Attached is correct files. In the mgdraw.f file, the code which is used to
    take data of muon is labeled "**** Record the Muon information in specific
    region Start ****". Thank you very much!

    Best regards,
    Yung-Shun