[fluka-discuss]: Photo-fission?

From: Carl Ross <carlkross_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 21:58:30 -0700

I have been using Fluka for a problem where neutron production from
photonuclear reactions is important.

First, I would like to give a shout-out to all those who have developed and
improved Fluka/Flair. It is a flexible and powerful tool.

It has been recognized since 2011 (?) that photofission is not handled well
in Fluka. This can be important if U-238 is considered as a photonuclear
target. The release notes suggest that a fix is in the works. Is it
possible to get a status report on when/if this problem will be addressed?

Thanks,

Carl Ross