Re: [fluka-discuss]: merging multiple collision tape files

From: Oscar Frasciello <oscar.frasciello_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 11:36:41 +0200

Dear Anton,

first of all thanks for your clarification.

The need for the collision tape relies on the following:

 1. In my geometry, I am asked to score all the particles emerging from
    a boundary crossing, in their position, momentum, energy etc.
 2. As I verified by means of USRBIN and USRBDX, very few of some
    particles (pi, mu, e-) do come accross the boundary. But in that
    case the way I mentioned in the first email, allowed me to overcome
    the problem and plot a spatial distribution quite easily.
 3. Now that I need the collision tape file, I was wondering about being
    able to score even one of those particles, with associated
    statistical weight, if the number of primaries is not sufficient .
 4. The collision tape is needed in order to perform subsequent analysis
    on a detector by means of root, but this specific topic will not
    fall within my business. That's why I would have preferred to get
    only one file. Don't know how, say 100 tape files from 100 cycles,
    could be a) useful to score those rare events and b) easy to manage
    for my collegues.

We will discuss on that.

Thanks again, cheers

Oscar