[fluka-discuss]: Re: regarding x-ray beam simulation of dental machines

From: 委v鋱k Aleksandras <aleksandras.sevcik_at_ktu.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 17:59:02 +0000

Thank you very much. I looked all through it, however, it is too complicated for me to pursue it in right way from very beginning without detail step-by-step guidance and clear examples. Therefore I am happy that fluka archive helped me to find the similar case with example I could probably use for my needs. Yet few clarifications are needed:

Attached modified source.f and spectrum source file. Also attached dental x-ray spectra for reference.

1) Do I correctly understand that this source.f file generates polyenergetic photon spectrum, .i.e. such as shown in the attached picture?

2) Could you please help me to understand what exactly is given in spectrum.dat? The first number is just a number of bin, and second - ?

3) Do I understand correctly that in addition I must use BEAM with energy set equal to x-ray used kVp, i.e. maximum energy ?

Thank you very much,

Alex