Re: [fluka-discuss]: PhotoNeutron

From: George Kharashvili <georgek_at_jlab.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 14:40:32 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Masoomeh,

You will find many pointers and hints in the comments in the FLUKA manual to help you with modeling photoneutron production and transport. You should use LAM-BIAS card as explained in the comments to the PHOTONUC page of the manual: http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=61
Also take a look at the page for the PHYSICS card, SDUM options COALESCEnce and EVAPORATion. It is also recommended that users set the transport and production thresholds of the electromagnetic radiation using EMF-CUT card (though the default values may be adequate for your problem).
A possible problem with your input is that AUXSCORE filtering by both photons and neutrons is applied USRBIN 43.

Generally, if you are only interested in prompt radiation fields, it is not necessary to be calculating activation, but if you are interested in activation itself, the lecture slides from recent FLUKA courses list the options, for example:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/442634/contributions/1096523/attachments/1186817/1721027/18_Activation_2015.pdf
You can also see working examples in various course exercises:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/296741/contributions/1657823/

Regards,
George