Re: [fluka-discuss]: 3D visualization of FLUKA geometry with simulation data

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:19:33 +0200

Dear Zhiyi,
You can use Flair to visualize 3D geometry with simulation data.
In Flair, choose the Geometry tab

zoom/unzoom/center your geometry to your best convenience

go to one of the four projection windows, select the 3D layer in the
layers drop-down menu (usually set to Media). Rotate with the orbit tool
if necessary.

In the left panel, choose the "layers" tab
Select "3D" from dropdown
click on "add" , then "usrbin", choose your binning file, apply. Color
palette can be customized

Have fun

Paola
 Hi,
> As far as I know, there are a couple of approaches that can visualize
> simulation data (for example USRBIN data) with FLUKA model geometry:
>
> ​1. Fluka/flair default: 2D plot overlapping with geometry
> 2. SimpleGeo
>
> Due to complexity of our model, we found it is hard to make SimpleGeo to
> import our geometry and visualize it correctly. So we are seeking a
> different way to present data more interactively. For example, show data
> in
> 3D. One way that we are working on is to use mayavi3 to present 3D data.
> However, mayavi3 favourable file format is VTK. So we are wondering if
> there is any tool available to generate FLUKA VTK files? Or any other
> approaches to visualize 3D visualization of FLUKA geometry with simulation
> data?
>
> Thanks,
> Zhiyi.
> --
>
> Zhiyi Liu
> Tel: (778)875-7880 Email: zhiyil_at_triumf.ca

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374
tel. CERN +41-227679148