Particle branching ratios

From: Joseph Comfort (Joseph.Comfort@asu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 21:57:32 CEST

    Does the user have access to the branching ratios of particle decay? In
    fact, how many branches are included for a particle and what are the BRs
    built into the program? I am looking at pi->e nu and pi->mu nu (with mu
    decay). The e branch is about 10^4 slower than the mu branch. To study
    it in detail, I want to shut off the pi->mu nu branch. How can I do that?

    On another matter, I am not entirely sure of the behavior of the GDECAY
    option of the LAM-BIAS card. The writeup indicates that one can only
    make the decay length shorter. But to inhibit the decay of certain
    particles, for special studies, one would like to make it longer. I
    tried this in an application some time ago, and it seemed to to have the
    right effect, but maybe the results were wrong. Alternatively, one
    could use the 'blank' option for decay times. If the 'reduction' is
    done by a number much less than 1, the times can be increased. The
    running time is certainly increased, even very substantially (but why?),
    but I'm not sure the effect is what I want.

    Some guidance and clarifications would be appreciated.

    Thank you
    Joe Comfort