Re: [fluka-discuss]: issue about exporting to openscad

From: Zhiyi Liu <zhiyil_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 05:17:24 -0700

Hi Vasilis,
Thanks for the reply.

I have started to look into flair code and appreciated that flair is a
fantastic scientific tool, tidy and powerful!

To me, openscad is kinda bridge between CAD standard from industry and
fluka-specific CAD. Sometimes we need to sit with engineers to compare
between CAD models (such as solidwork) and fluka models. 3D viewing of
geoview seems not so handy for engineers. We also tried simplegeo which is
also a nice software, however, sometimes it cannot deal with complicated
and large-scale geometry models (and it is only for windows users). So we
would be very interested in seeing that the exporting function to openscad
can be completed as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Zhiyi.

--
Zhiyi Liu
Tel: (778)875-7880 Email: zhiyil_at_triumf.ca