[fluka-discuss]: high pressure deuterium

From: <tristan.davenne_at_stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 08:29:37 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to model interaction of 10MeV protons with deuterium that has been compressed to a very high density of the order 100g/cm3.

My input file won't run, and I get the following error

"Abort called from DPDX reason NONSENSE GAS Run stopped!
STOP NONSENSE GAS"

Is it possible to simulate very highly compressed substances with FLUKA? Can you provide an example of how to define a highly compressed material?

Kind Regards
Tristan

Tristan Davenne BEng PhD CEng MIMechE
Energy Research Unit