[fluka-discuss]: Simulation of heavy ions collisions at LHC

From: Mauro Gallio <gallio_at_to.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 16:31:24 +0100 (CET)

Dear Fluka experts,
I try to simulate heavy ions collisions at LHC energies. I'm interested
to spectator neutrons and protons (i.e. those nucleons that have not
interacted). I do not follow the particles inside the FLUKA code, since
the geometry is too complicated, I just use a simple dummy geometry and
I use the usrein.f routine to write down the particles that are in the
stack after the collision.
Unfortunately the program crashes after a certain number of events.
In attachment there the input file and the log file.
It seems that the number of produced particles is greater than the
dimension of the stack.
Is it correct? Is there a solution for this problem?
Thanks a lot
       Mauro

Mauro Gallio
Dip. di Fisica