RE: [fluka-discuss]: radioisotopes activities in the nuclear reactor core

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 14:11:20 +0000

Hello
You are not providing much useful information which would eventually allow to help you in your study.
Are you trying to model an ADS like experiment with a proton beam on a target surrounded by a subcritical core (guessing from your questions)?

Could you elaborate on the following statement :
“the energy spectrum of induced neutrons on the target was estimated but the result was awful”

“My questions are why the results in second method was zero? And what is the best way to calculate the activity in neutron induced reactions were taken in nuclear reactor core?”. FLUKA has the availability to calculate the radionuclide inventories (production, buildup decay…) providing the users are selecting the appropriate settings in the combination of cards you suggest. Could you provide the input file which gives you only zero as results ?
Greetings
Joachim Vollaire