[fluka-discuss]: Scoring flux inside a receptor from a spherical volume source

From: <riyadey_at_barc.gov.in>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 16:48:58 +0530

Dear FLUKA experts,

I was trying to calculate flux of photons entering into a sphere
(receptor) of radius 1 cm which is surrounded by a volume source in the
form of a sphere having radius 100 meter emitting photons isotropically
having energy of 1.29 MeV. I gave no of histories 1E7 , and no of energy
bins 20. But in the output file I am getting only some flux at lower
energy bin with 99% relative error.
The same problem was run using MCNP and there good results are obtained.

Can anyone tell me what is the issue while scoring in FLUKA?
Also,In MCNP, f5 tally is used to get flux values at the receptor
location, and then these fluxes can be converted into dose (using FLUX
to DOSE CONVERSION FACTORs from ICRP-21) internally by interpolation. Is
there any way to do the same in FLUKA?

The input files are attached here.

With regards,
Riya Dey