[fluka-discuss]: Scintillatior simulation

From: pedrojluque <pedrojluque_at_correo.ugr.es>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 12:31:14 +0100

Dear Fluka developers,

I am trying to simulate the light which come from a scintillator
material when a muon is crossing it. I want to score the fluence of
optic photons (I would like to collect photons from 200 nm to 770 nm) in
a detector of 5x5x1 mm in any side of the scintillator material. I am
also trying to score the total fluence of created photons. To do so I
use a USRBDX card (and also an USRTRACK only to see the differences
between the two cards).

I do not know why I am not obtaining bad results from the code that I
attach. Together with it, I attach one of the outputs (The one from the
USRBDX card which scores the total fluence).

As you can see, the output only shows a value of fluence (like a delta
function), and the same occurrs at the same energy for the two USRBDX
cards. I tried changing the number of bins to see if that was the
problem but it doesn't seem to be the problem. I know that maybe my
input has a lot of useless cards, but I tried many different
combinations, obtaining always the same output.

P.D. I have checked the example of the manual using Argon, but if I
used the same for plastic scintillator (only removing the LOW-MAT card)
with the same results as ever (only one value of fluence), so I suppose
that the problem comes from a bad definition of the material due to that
I have missed any important card.

Any advice will be very usefull for me.

King regards,

Pedro.