Aborted runs

From: Fan Lei (flei@space.qinetiq.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 16:36:02 CEST

    I am running a fairly large simulation of proton incident on a rock target.
    The run was aborted after days of cpu time, with the message:

    "
     Abort called from ICLSSF reason NO CHANNEL SELECTED Run stopped!
     STOP NO CHANNEL SELECTEDI
    "
    I guess what happened was that a rare reaction had been picked but the
    particular reaction has not been fully implemented in the models.

    My question is that is there a way around this problem, e.g. discard the
    particular event rather than abort the whole execution?

    Fan Lei, Ph.D.
    Principal Scientist
    Space Division
    1004/A8, QinetiQ
    Cody Technology Park
    Farnborough, GU14 0LX
    U.K.
    Tel. 44-1252-393904 Fax. 44-1252-396320

    The information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent
    correspondence is private and is intended solely for the intended
    recipient(s). The information in this communication may be
    confidential and/or legally privileged. Nothing in this e-mail is
    intended to conclude a contract on behalf of QinetiQ or make QinetiQ
    subject to any other legally binding commitments, unless the e-mail
    contains an express statement to the contrary or incorporates a formal Purchase Order.

    For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying,
    distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
    on such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

    Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be
    monitored and recorded for business purposes including security, audit
    and archival purposes. Any response to this email indicates consent
    to this.

    Telephone calls to QinetiQ may be monitored or recorded for quality
    control, security and other business purposes.

    QinetiQ Limited
    Registered in England & Wales: Company Number:3796233
    Registered office: 85 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6PD, United Kingdom
    Trading address: Cody Technology Park, Cody Building, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0LX, United Kingdom
    http://www.QinetiQ.com/home/legal.html