Re: [fluka-discuss]: About the use of MGDRAW

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 22:06:09 +0100

Dear Qi Wei,

there is nothing strange in your mgdraw output.

NTRACK = 1 just means that the particle step is not subdivided in
substeps, as it happens instead for tracking in magnetic field. The step
coordinates are then given in the following line, as also explained in the
Chapter 11 of the Manual, fully dedicated to mgdraw output discussion.

On the other hand, MTRACK = 1 means that the electron deposited some
energy along the step, while MTRACK = 0 indicates that the photon didn't,
which is perfectly normal considering that the first, contrary to the
latter, is subject to stopping power.

Best regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti