[fluka-discuss]: Superimposing several USRYIELD cards in USR-1D plot

From: Schuetz, Anne <anne.schuetz_at_desy.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 09:25:24 +0100 (CET)

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am trying to score neutrons that escape from a water beam dump in backward direction towards the exit of the beam dump hall.
The inp file is attached to this email.

With USRYIELD cards, the neutrons are scored with the first quantity being the kinetic energy, and the second one being the solid angle (lab) in degrees.
Since I want to also bin the second quantity, I have added several USRYIELD cards ranging over different angle intervals.

When I now want to superimpose the spectra in one USR-1D plot, I chose the detector from the USRYIELD card ranging over the full angle interval (0-180 degrees), and two other detectors for 170-175 degrees and 175-180 degrees (since I am interested in the neutrons heading in the opposite direction to the beam direction).
I am confused about the normalization factors in order to be able to compare the different spectra.
For the 'value', I chose Y.
For the x-axis normalization, I chose 1/MeV.
And for the y-axis normalization, I put the beam bunch population * the energy bin size (= 0.002 GeV, since the x-axis is normalized to 1/MeV) * the angle range (180 for the first detector, and 5 for the other two detectors).
Please find the resulting plot in the attachment.

I don't think that I am doing the plotting right, since the x-axis is logarithmic (is the normalization factor = energy bin size then still correct?) and since th graph for the full angle range has not got the highest values, which I expected it to.
Could you help me with understanding how to plot the USRYIELD results correctly?
And also, would you recommend a different scoring card for my purposes?

Thank you very much!
Best regards,
   Anne

--