Re: [fluka-discuss]: Collision tape in two-step simulation

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 13:19:35 +0000

Dear Anne,
for the second step simulation, you have to scale the result with the following factor W2/W1, where
W1 = Sum of WEIGHTS of source particle and
W2 = Sum of WEIGHTS of recorder particles from the first step.

For the third step — the Geant simulation— an analogue scaling factor can be computed, W3/W2.

Therefore, for the Geant simulation, the final scaling factor would be W3/W1 to have quantities expressed per primary interaction.

Please bear in mind that you have to consider the WEIGHT of neutrons and not their number.
They would coincide only in a fully not biased simulation, which I guess it is not you case.

An example of the method is given in the advanced course in the lecture of sources
https://indico.cern.ch/event/489973/contributions/2148893/attachments/1271819/1884943/11_AdvancedSources2016.pdf
from slide 43.

Hope this could help.
Best, luigi