Polarized cross section

From: Francesco Gonnella (francesco.gonnella@roma2.infn.it)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 17:44:11 CEST

    Dear all,
    thank you for previous help.
    I'm interested in changing the phi (azimuthal) distribution in case
    of elastic and inelastic scattering of deuteron on carbon:
    D + C12 -> D + C12[*]

    In STUPRF I tried to isolate this event by the following instruction:

    IF ((LINEVT.OR.LELEVT).AND.(NP.EQ.1).AND.(KPART(1).EQ.-3).AND.(IJ.EQ.-3))
    THEN
    ENDIF

    is it correct?
    I noted that only 1 event occurs over 1'000 simulated: is it possible to
    print the cross
    section of these reactions?

    In order to increase the statistics, is it possible to simulate only this
    kind of reactions?

    Since the polarization of deuteron plays a role only in the phi distribution
    changing this angle does not effect the energy conservation.
    So how to change it before putting the particle on the stack?
    I suppose I have to change the value of

    CXR(1), CYR(1) that are COMMONS in (GENSTK)

    is it correct?

    Best regards

    Francesco Gonnella

    Francesco Gonnella