RE: [fluka-discuss]: Transport of primary photons below 1 keV

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 09:20:11 +0200

Dear Thomas
Electrons below 1 keV are not transported. They can be produced or not,
depending on the production mechanism.

Indeed, you should NOT score E+&E- doses, exactly because they are
threshold-dependent. The total dose instead contains the contribution of
these electrons that would have been produced in real world, while they
are not produced in the montecarlo. These contributions are scored as
pointwise energy depositions by photons.

Hope this helps
regards
Paola

Paola Sala