[fluka-discuss]: Extracting and propagating information on secondaries from interactions

From: Kristian Ytre-Hauge <Kristian.Ytre-Hauge_at_uib.no>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 11:40:25 +0000

Dear Fluka users and experts,
I am trying to store information on secondaries from inelastic interactions. I need to assign this information to the secondaries and propagate the information further to their respective daughter particles and so on. I was hoping to do this using mgdraw.f or stuprf.f, however, with the available user variables (e.g. SPAUSR) I am so far only able to assign/propagate the same information for all secondaries. An example of this is given in the code below. Here I am interested in storing (and also propagating) position and direction of neutrons created in an interaction. The information entered in SPAUSR seems to be inherited by all secondaries. This means, as far as I understand, that if there is more than one neutron created in the interaction, only the information on the last neutron (in the loop up to NP) is stored. Of course I could write all the information to a separate file, but my goal is however to separately store, and also propagate to daughter particles, information on secondaries.
More specifically, secondary neutrons (daughters) produced in inelastic proton collisions can further produce protons (granddaughters) through elastic or inelastic scatters in my setup. I need to be able to identify exactly the neutron (and its initial properties), i.e. the daughter, that produced a proton, i.e. a granddaughter, through (n,p) reactions.
Any suggestions on how to achieve this would be much apprciated.
Best regards,
Kristian Smeland Ytre-Hauge

from usdraw:
      IF(ICODE .EQ. 101 .AND. MREG .EQ. 10) THEN
         DO IP = 1, NP
            IF(KPART(IP) .EQ. 8) THEN
* Store origin and direction of neutron (x,y,z)
               SPAUSR(1)=XSCO
               SPAUSR(2)=YSCO
               SPAUSR(3)=ZSCO
               SPAUSR(4)=Cxr(IP)