[fluka-discuss]: Lattice Question

From: FARUK LOGOGLU <ful51_at_psu.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 13:04:14 -0400

Dear Fluka experts,

I'm an MCNP user and I'm wondering if the lattice capabilities of FLUKA are
similar to MCNP. From what I read and understood so far, container regions must
be defined explicitly for every lattice transformation in the geometry, which
makes it impractical to establish geometries with, let's say, 10^6 same
structures (replicated structures). However, in MCNP, the universe cards can be
used to create lattices and fill card can be used to "fill" the region with the
repeated structures. I'm wondering if there is a capability like this, or is it
just impractical to replicate 10^6 structures in FLUKA.
Thank youFaruk