RE: [fluka-discuss]: TRANSPORT CUTOFF VALUES FOR ESTIMATION OF AIR KERMA

From: riya dey <riyadey_at_barc.gov.in>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 09:52:27 +0530

Dear Expert,

I want to estimate air kerma. Now suppose for 1 MeV source photon, the
transport cutoff for electrons is chosen 1 MeV and the gamma cut off is
chosen as low as possible ( 10 keV let's say ) . Now energy is scored in
USRBIN . Now if we divide the energy with the mass of the detector , we will
get the value of air kerma. Is it correct way to estimate air kerma in FLUKA
?

My concern is since for high energy photons, although some highly energetic
secondary electrons and X-rays escape the region of interest before
depositing their energy, their escaping energy is counted in kerma according
to the theory. But if I score energy in USRBIN, is that escaping energy
counted or not ?

With regards,
Riya dey