Re: [fluka-discuss]: Docker Installation process - errors (permissions problem?)

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 12:01:34 +0200

Dear Mark,
    great! Let us know if problems arise.

I think Xming should be started before Docker, to make sure that
the display is found when it is exported.

Kind regards,
Andrea

Il 03/08/2018 09:57, mark.ibison_at_cockcroft.ac.uk ha scritto:

> Hello David, Andrea,
>
> I have set up Xming as recommended.  In the Docker startup, the IP is
> *192.168.99.100*.
>
> This morning – after a full shutdown last night – */flair/* has now
> started OK; so I can only guess that the problem yesterday was
> connected with the order in which I had previously initiated Xming and
> Docker?
>
> Thanks for the advice. I will continue to use the new system and
> report any further problems, if they arise.
>
> The first task is to transfer from Windows my previous work files
> generated in the FLUPIX system, using the shared directory
> (*C:\Users\docker* in Windows).
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy