Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to define the source in source.f

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 09:13:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Zhou Yang,
    you could use a BEAMPOS card with CART-VOL as sdum, as explained
in the manual. You can find a very recent example in this thread:

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/12421.html

For the energy range, a uniform random sampling in your interval
could be a starting point, but this depends on the spectrum of your
source.

Hope this helps,
Andrea

> Dear FLUKA experts
>
> I want to define an extended source by using SOURCE card. Its
> structure is cuboid. Its energy ranges from 1kev to 1Mev like
> white-light. So how should I write in source.f?
>
> Looking forward to your reply!
>
> Zhou Yang

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy