[fluka-discuss]: RE: Energy Deposition

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 13:35:31 +0000

Dear Modeste,

Indeed, flair is writing the data to the file you are referring to. The first two columns are the lower and upper boundary of the z-bins in cm (it seems the first bin is not written, maybe you changed the plotting range in the "Projection&Limits" panel?). The third column is the z-projection in GeV/cm3 (in your case there is no mathematical operation behind the projection since you use only 1 bin in x and y).

Just another remark: you use PRECISIO as defaults, which is suitable in your case. However you should decrease the production and transport thresholds for electrons/photons via the EMFCUT card (you have to issue two separate EMFCUT cards, one for the transport and the other for the production cuts). With PRECISIO the thresholds are generally 100 keV or electrons and 33keV for photons. The CSDA range of 100 keV electrons in silicon is still around 80 um. You should lower the thresholds to the lowest recommended values (1 keV - see manual), considering also that you use a very fine binning in z (1um bin size).

Cheers, Anton