RE: [fluka-discuss]: changing particle weight

From: Eleftherios Skordis <eleftherios.skordis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 08:44:51 +0000

Dear Shirley,

By reducing the weight of particles you are basically reducing the "effect" of these particles to your calculated values.

I.e. if you reduce a particle's weight by a factor of 2 (to 0.5) then you also reduce it's registered energy deposition by the same factor.

I would guess that is why in your comparison there is a slope of 2:1 with your expected values.
So in principle if you just multiply the fluka values by 2 your values should check out.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Lefteris

Eleftherios Skordis