[fluka-discuss]: Shared folder between docker and host OS not working properly

From: Tom Niessen <tom.niessen_at_raysearchlabs.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 09:27:20 +0000

Hello,

I'm running flukadocker on a Windows 10 professional machine. As of yesterday a got a problem with the docker_work folder not being properly shared. The problem is that when I start flukadocker, the docker_work folder I end up in ([fluka_at_linuxkit-00155d034603 docker_work]) is not properly connected to the host OS (C:\docker\docker_work). If I place files or folders in the docker_work folder locally I can't see them in my docker by running the dir command. The other way around, if I run mkdir test it says mkdir: "cannot create directory 'test': Permission denied", so it could be some kind of permission error. But, when I delete the docker_work folder locally and start a new fluka container it recreates the docker_work folder (C:\docker\docker_work), so it seems to be in the right location. The things I have tried to solve:

  * Restarting the computer, docker, Xlaunch, fluka container (as administrator)
  * Check docker and Xming permissions
  * Delete everything but the docker_work folder and redownload all the fluka files
  * Rerun the install_win.bat
  * Check the

The only thing which seems odd to me is that if I click on the Xming process it says: "There are currently 0 clients connected". Does this mean my fluka container isn't properly connected to Xming?

I hope you can help me!

Cheers,

Tom