RE: [fluka-discuss]: Atmospheric simulations and particle counts

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 08:14:15 +0000

Hi Sarah,

It is not clear to me your question. With MGDRAW you are responsible for the counting.
Fluka will call the various ENTRY points when the specific event happens (e.g. boundary crossing, energy deposition, etc....)
For each event with the specific conditions for each step it will be called only once. However a single particle could cross
multiple times a surface but it will be always on a different step and different conditions, position, direction, time etc....

BLACKHOLE I personally try to avoid it since it can alter the results if not carefully used.

it all depends on what you want to count.
I always try to avoid to use the MGDRAW, and prefer the standard scoring USRBDX, USRTRACK,
which you can weight or filter with a user routine (USERWEIGht card). For example you can tell it to ignore the contribution
of the primary particles and record only the secondaries.

Vasilis