[fluka-discuss]: FLUKA NONSENSE GAS ERROR

From: Tristan Davenne - UKRI STFC <tristan.davenne_at_stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 11:31:00 +0000

Dear FLuka Experts,

I would like to simulate the energy deposited in solid tritium due to an incident particle beam.

I have defined tritium in a material card. I read in the manual that

"if the density of the default

 material or that assigned by a MATERIAL<http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=50> card is > 0.01, the

 material is not assumed to be a gas."

I have tried defining the tritium as having higher densities than 0.01g/cc so that it is seen as a compressed solid. However if I go over 1g/cc I am getting the following error message

"Abort called from DPDX reason NONSENSE GAS Run stopped!
STOP NONSENSE GAS"

I thought by having a density over 0.01g/cc I had not defined a gas. Can anyone explain why I am getting this error.

I have also tried using the Sternheimer card, I looked up the required constants for hydrogen from the phys rev papers and included these, I also defined a corresponding matprop card so that I can adjust density but I find I come across the same NONSENSE GAS error if the density goes above 1g/cc.

Kind Regards

Tristan