[fluka-discuss]: regarding relative error in USRBIN X-Y-Z and REGION

From: Ševčik Aleksandras <aleksandras.sevcik_at_ktu.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 09:44:03 +0000

Hello all,

I am doing the simulations in which scoring USRBIN Dose/DepEnergy in X-Y-Z and Region. When I look in the scored Region output files, typically I see very small error % value (<1%) for almost all the regions, however, when I check X-Y-Z bin file (usually through SimpleGeo) I see that error % is typically very high for the most of regions except maybe only in areas directly affected by the beam. I understand that I missed some important information about how Fluka calculates relative error for different scoring tools. Could someone please comment or give the link where to read further on this matter as I, unfortunately, cannot find explanation ,
Attached two files for illustration, usrbin region scoring txt and illustration of usrbin xyz scoring for error values

Regards
Alexander