Re: [fluka-discuss]: FLAIR Waiting to attach issues

From: Horváth Dávid <David.Horvath_at_eli-beams.eu>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 22:43:44 +0000

Dear Andrew,

as Maarten suggested, the spaces in the input file's name are causing the problem.

Also I looked at your input file and magfield.f routine, and there are some problems with them:

The main problem with the routine is that you try to compare a region number NREG (integer) to an undefined variable TurnVac1 (real), which would crash during run (or the result would be unpredictable). I edited the input file to add the necessary "Region name" to "Region number" conversion.
Plus I added default values to the magnetic field variables, just in case.

Regarding the input file:

You definitely can use USRBDX scoring cards, but the one in the file are incomplete. FLUKA has default values, but those usually doesn't fit your needs in case of scorings.
Finally, the first 3 WHAT of the MAGFIELD card should be updated, as the defaults will give a very coarse tracking in the magnetic fields. Please see the manual for details.

Kind regards,
Dávid Horváth

Junior Researcher
Radiation Protection
ELI Beamlines

E: david.horvath_at_eli-beams.eu
T: +420 266 051 283
M: Za Radnicí 835, 25241 Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic