Re: number of regions limitation?

From: Chris Theis (Christian.Theis@cern.ch)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 17:47:23 CET

    Dear Vitali,

    I quickly looked at your geometry and (mathematically) it seems to be
    correct. However, there is an issue which is reported in the log file at
    the top!! There you will find a "subscript out of range" error in the
    function which is responsible for the expansion of the parentheses. Due
    to the design of the CG kernel in FLUKA the use of parentheses requires
    normalization and expansion of the CSG expression. Depending on the
    construction of your region this could cause an overflow due to possible
    creation of an excessively large number of sub-terms. The error message
    indicates that this seems to have happened.

    I'd recommend to simplify the "rmoder" region in your input.

    Hope that helps
    Chris