Re: [fluka-discuss]: Floating point exception(core dumped)

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 10:50:31 +0100

Hello Maria,
    thank you for the gdb information. The ampart.f function calculates
the mass distribution for resonances of a given width and I think from
previous cases that the origin of the problem is not there, but in a
linux/gfortran configuration issue.

We can try the following other checks:

- just in case, try to run another simple example to see if the
   problem persists (take example.inp in the $FLUPRO directory)

- could you please try to re-install Fluka from scratch and send
   me the output in a file? Type "make >output.txt"

- which linux do you have? There are subtle differences in some
   system utilities like awk, gawk, ld and others: a few are known,
   but others maybe not yet... Try to see these other threads:

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/5339.html
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/6448.html
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/10716.html

Hope this helps...
Andrea

PS
We keep the messages in the discuss-list

On 22/01/2019 18:17, Maria Gonzalez Torres wrote:
> Dear Andrea,
>
> I checked again the variables $FLUPRO and $FLUFOR and they seemed
> correctly defined. The /pathto/ was a short notation. I attach the
> .log file. No .out and .err files were generated.
>
> I tried to check with the gdb debugger as indicated in the course
> lecture, and I attach the screeshot of the result.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kind regards,
> Maria
>
> Am 22.01.2019 um 17:29 schrieb Andrea Fontana:
>> Dear Maria,
>>    the configuration seems to be correct and I can just think about
>> checking the bash configuration. Are the variables $FLUPRO and $FLUFOR
>> correctly defined? I am a bit puzzled by the "/pathto..." in your
>> output, because usually the output points to the complete Fluka
>> installation path (for example /usr/local/bin/fluka/flutil/rfluka...),
>> but maybe it was just a short notation.
>>
>> Can you also send me the .log, .out and .err files created by Fluka
>> in the run subdirectory?
>>
>> Some other checks that you can do are indicated in the course
>> lecture, for example at:
>> https://indico.cern.ch/event/442634/contributions/1096522/attachments/1186818/1721029/19_Errors_and_Crashes_2015.pdf
>>

>> Let me know,
>> Andrea
>> /
>> ///
>> On 22/01/2019 14:16, Maria Gonzalez Torres wrote:
>>> Dear Andrea,
>>>
>>> I answer in each question. Thank you in advance.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Maria

>>> Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, version 7.4
>>> x86_64
>>> gfortran 8.2.0
>>> Yes, I downloaded yesterday the new fluka version
>>> (fluka2011.2x-linux-gfor64bitAA.tar.gz)
>>> Yes, I did.

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy