Re: [fluka-discuss]: The STEPSIZE card, is the main step size control in FLUKA?

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 15:17:07 +0100

Dear Mahmoudreza,
      in case of tracking in magnetic field also WHAT(3) in the MGNFIELD
card is important: in case of conflict with STEPSIZE, the MGNFIELD card
actually overrides the step size request (see note 6 of MGNFIELD card
in the manual).

Hope this helps,
Andrea

On 28/01/2019 12:29, mrakbari2015_at_ast.ui.ac.ir wrote:

> Dear FLUKA experts and users,
> I am working on charged particle transport in the presence of the
> magnetic field. My questions are as follows:
> 1. The STEPSIZE card, is the main step size control?
> 2. Is there another parameter that is used for step size in a magnetic
> field?
> 3. However I aware of "In a region with magnetic field , the maximum
> step size should not exceed its neighboring regions and the minimum
> dimensions". Is it scientifically reasonable to asume the same minimum
> and maximum step sizes for all the regions with diferent densities,
> which physically should be selected according to the dimensions of
> that region and its neighbors? I mean, If one of the three condistions
> for selecting the step size when magnetic field is present, isn't pass
> and in some regions the maximum step size is larger than the dimension
> of that region and/or its neighbor, what will hapen in the accuracy of
> the simulation?
> I thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing from you.
> *Sincerely Yours,"*
>
> /Mahmoudreza Akbari/
>
> /Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Radiation Engineering/
> //Department of Nuclear Engineering,/
> Faculty of Advanced Sciences and Technologies,
> University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran.
> Alternative Email: mrakbari2015_at_ast.ui.ac.ir
> <mailto:Email%3AMahmoudrezaakbari_at_yahoo.com>/
> /Tel: 0098-09304403165/

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy