Re: [fluka-discuss]: Selecting the maximum step size in multilayer media

From: <Mrakbari2015_at_ast.ui.ac.ir>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 20:41:38 +0330

  Dear Dr. Cerutti
Thanks alot for your nice reply.
As an example, If the minimum and maximum dimensions along the charged
particle beam path in a multi-layer media are 0.1 and 3 cm,
respectively. Is it reasonable to select the following choices?
in the MGNFIELD card:
Minimum step size = 0.1 cm.
The maximum angle in a sub-step (largest angle that a charged particle
is allowed to travel in a single step)=30 degrees
the maximum error in the boundary identification=0.05 cm
Minimum and maximum step sizes in STEPSIZE card = 0.1 and 3 cm,
respectively for all regions with various dimensions.
 Best,