RE: [fluka-discuss]: neutron flux from Lead - how to explain it ?

From: Eleftherios Skordis <eleftherios.skordis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 17:15:44 +0000

Dear Vladimir,

when I run your input files I do not observe absolutely different distributions.
What I see is that the distribution to the neutrons created in the Lead is identical in the two input files.
What does change is basically the fact that in the first input there is significant thermalization happening in the water and these neutrons are double backscattered and then measured from the usrbdx.

This is not happening in the second case.

In my opinion the results seem perfectly consistent.

Kind regards

Lefteris

Eleftherios Skordis
Dep. EN/STI, CERN